October 31, 2017
Happy Halloween Everyone!
Take time to enjoy the fun – make this delicious dish for dinner and enjoy it between greeting the Trick-or-Treaters.
Roasted Potatoes with Caramelized Shallots
6 large shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise
3 TBS extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 1/2 lbs medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered (you can use any kind of potatoes, but Yukon golds are the best)
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F with the rack in lowest position.
2. Toss the shallots with 1 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 13-by 9-inch baking pan, spreading evenly. in one layer
3. Place the pan in the oven and roast, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are golden, about 30 minutes.
4. Toss the potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then add to the shallots.
5. Roast again, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender and potatoes are crusty, 40 to 50 minutes.