|Our pick-up site is located at 5th Avenue and 90th Street, at the Church of Heavenly Rest. You can pickup your share from 3:30PM-6:50PM every Tuesday from June to November.
24 Weeks of Deliveries
Stoneledge Farms delivers a share of their crop — about 8-10 different vegetable and herbs. Lighter fluffy leafy greens start the season. Summertime and tomatoes, eggplant, peppers of all shapes, colors and sizes fill the shares. Cooler weather and with the change of the seasons, heartier, heavier root crops: beets, carrots, potatoes, along with the sturdy greens kale and collards finish the CSA harvest.
Weekly Farmer’s Message
At beginning of every week the farmer keeps us up-to-date with what is happening at the farm, along with what vegetable and fruits we will be receiving. You can access this information in four ways:
- Website — Every Sunday evening it will be posted on the front page of this website.
- Email — Each Sunday or Monday you’ll receive an email withtimely information about that week’s CSA pickup. Our emails to you always have CSA in the subject line for easy identification. We send as blind copies to protect your privacy. We do not share your email address with anyone else.
- Judi’s Weekly Recipe — Our own chef extraordinaire, Judi, writes a recipe every week based on that week’s vegetable share. It’s uploaded to the website every Monday.
The Church of Heavenly Rest has generously donated space to support our local farmers and our community. You can find us Inside the church, area in front of front pews. 2nd doors down from Fifth Ave., on from 3:30-6:50 PM Tuesdays. Please adhere to these times; we need to set up and break down the site on schedule.
How It Works
- Bring a bag to carry home your veggies (reusable canvas tote or string bag work best). Bring your own bag to take the veggies home. If you forget, you can purchase a plastic bag for $1 (benefits…us! for Core Group funds to run the CSA).
- Report to the membership table to have your name checked off. You’ll be directed to your share table.
- Look for signs at the Full and Half Share tables, with the quantities for your share. It’s an honor system, so please take only your designated share.
- Choose with your eyes, not your hands, so vegetables are not over-handled. Stoneledge grows many heirloom veggies, which easily bruise. Members who pick up later than you will thank you for this.
WE’RE ODD … AND WE’RE EVEN.
Our CSA offers not just Standard (full) shares, Spring (first 12 weeks) and Fall (last 12 weeks) shares. For members who want only half the amount of the standard share, we offer Half shares. Half shares cost more, because it’s more time-consuming for site volunteers. The extra few dollars goes to the Core Group to help defray costs. Because Stoneledge does not offer half shares, we arbitrarily designate all Half share members as either ‘Odd’ or ‘Even’ on the sign-in roster. For example, if the farm sends us 3 heads of lettuce on Week #1, we give 2 heads to the ‘Odd’ members (week #1 is an odd-numbered week), and 1 head to ‘Even’ members. On week #2, the extra goes to ‘Even,’ etc. During the season, we make corrections, as needed, to ensure that all Half members get equal amounts of produce. Members like the system, because we never know, from week to week, what amounts Stoneledge will send us. It’s fate!
Can’t pick up some weeks?
Give your share to a friend or neighbor. When they come, they should go to the members’ table and give your name. Let them know it’s BYOB (bring your own bag)! Volunteers will help them pick up your share.
Leftover produce at closing is donated to the Common Pantry, a nonprofit organization works toward the reduction of hunger and food insecurity through an array of programs that function to establish long-term independence for those they serve.
All members are required to volunteer at least one 2-hour shift at the site.
The 3 time slots are:
1:00-3:15 PM to set up tables, unload veggie crates and divide Half shares;
3:00-5:15 PM to sign in members andmaintain the tables
5:00-7:15 PM to also sign in members,maintain the tables and close down the site.
Working at the site is fun and you get to hang out with some very nice people. Check your calendar, then email chcsavolunteer [at] gmail [dot] com or sign up on the Volunteer Sheet at the membership table.