Welcome to Week 11. We’re nearly halfway through the season, and what a season it’s been! Can you believe the bounty we’ve been getting?
This week marks the return of kale – a favorite of so many of our members. By now you all know how to make kale chips, so how about something a little bit different? Her’s a quick an easy recipe for kale slaw with a twist.
CAESAR KALE SLAW
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
8 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
1 garlic clove
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan, divided
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 hard-boiled egg, peeled
1 bunch kale, center stalks removed, thinly sliced crosswise (about 8 cups)
1. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. With the machine running, slowly add the oil, drop by drop, to make a creamy dressing.
2. Transfer the dressing to a bowl and stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
3. Separate the egg white from the yolk. Place the egg white in a coarse-mesh strainer set over a bowl. Press the egg white through strainer with the back of a spoon; and scrape the egg white from bottom of strainer.
4. Repeat the same process with the egg yolk, using a clean strainer and bowl.
5. Toss the kale and dressing in a large bowl to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and sieved eggs.
NOTE: The dressing can be made up to two days in advance. The eggs can be sieved up to six hours in advance. Cover each bowl separately and refrigerator until serving time.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all the lovely vegetables. Have a delicious week!