August 30, 2016
Fall is creeping up on us. In addition to the fabulous tomatoes, a summer delight, this week we are getting broccoli! It’s a great cruciferous vegetable, low in calories and big in taste. I think a nice simple broccoli recipe is in order.
ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH ASIAGO CHEESE
1 1/2 pounds (about 1 large bunch) broccoli, stalks trimmed to 2 inches below crowns
3 TBS olive oil
1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut each crown of broccoli lengthwise into 4 spears.
- Place broccoli in large bowl; toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer broccoli to large rimmed baking sheet.
- Add grated Asiago cheese to same bowl.
- Roast broccoli until it is crisp-tender and the stalks begin to brown, about 25 minutes.
- Return broccoli to the bowl with the cheese. Using tongs, toss to coat.
That’s it! Simple, no?
I will be away for the next two weeks. Will miss you all and will see you again on Tuesday, September 18th.
Have a delicious week!