September 12, 2017
The fall veggies are coming in, so be prepared for heavy bundles to haul home and enjoy.
This week’s recipe uses the wonderful shallots we’re getting. It’s a simple recipe, has very few ingredients, but it is so delicious!
ROASTED POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS
6 large shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise
3 TBS extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 1/2 lbs medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with the rack in lowest position.
- Toss shallots with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 13-by 9-inch baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, until shallots are golden, about 30 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then add to shallots.
- Roast, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender and potatoes are crusty, 40 to 50 minutes.