SEPTEMBER 24, 2019
Although Judi is out this week, she left us a delicious recipe using the beets in this week’s vegetable share.
I’ll note that Judi’s beet fries beat fries, every time!
2 large red or golden beets
1 TBS olive oil
1 tsp harissa seasoning
1/4 tsp cumin
salt and pepper
parsley, chopped (optional)
2 TBS Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Peel the beets. Then slice off both ends. Slice them into ¼ inch long slices that look like potato fries.
3. Lay the beet slices on the prepared baking pan. Drizzle the olive oil over them and coat them with your hands. Then sprinkle the harissa spice, cumin and a dash of salt and pepper over them.
4. Roast the beets for 15-25 minutes, turning them over after 10 minutes. To see if they are done, poke them with a fork. They should be soft.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top. 6. Serve immediately. Good with almost any sauce or dip.
HELPFUL HINT: To easily peel beets, drop them into boiling water for 1 minute. Then plunge them into ice water. The skins will slip off.
Have a great week,