Welcome to the full load of fall vegetables! They are heavy, they are bulky and they are delicious!
Today’s recipe is an easy but hearty chili that uses cauliflower and chicken. It can be made in a crockpot or on your stove top.
CHICKEN CAULIFLOWER CHILI
½ head of cauliflower, diced
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 poblano pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 28-ounce can tomato puree
½ cup chicken stock
2 TBS chili powder
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut in large chunks
1. Add all chili ingredients to crock pot and stir to combine.
2. Cook on low for 8 hours. Taste and adjust seasonings.
3. Cube avocado, cut lime into wedges and chop fresh cilantro.
4. Serve chili topped with avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, and cilantro to taste.
If you don’t have a crock pot:
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a deep pot.
2. Saute the onion, red bell pepper and poblano peppers until they soften. Add the garlic
3. Add the chicken and cook until nearly done.
4. Add the tomato puree and the chicken stock. Add the cauliflower.
5. Add the seasonings. Simmer for an hour or so, until the chicken is done and the cauliflower is cooked through.
6. Prepare the toppings as above.
HELPFUL HINT: Stick-on mozzarella cheese is so had to remove from dishes and utensils. Try rubbing the cheese with an ice cube – it comes right off!
I will be away for the next two weeks. Enjoy the lovely weather and the delicious vegetables!
Have a delicious week!