July 26, 2016
I’m about medium well now. I am fully cooked, and I suppose you are as well. The last thing we all feel like doing is cooking. So, in view of the fact that the first tomato delivery is this week, and also that even more summer squash is arriving, I have a cold recipe for you that includes those fabulous Sungold cherry tomatoes.
COLD ZUCCHINI LASAGNA
Salt and pepper
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Season farmer cheese with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Layer 2 strips of zucchini (side by side) with cheese, sliced tomatoes, and basil.
- Repeat; ending with zucchini.
- Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil.
HELPFUL HINT: Here’s a quick way to cut cherry tomatoes in half:
You’ll need two lids from plastic containers. Lay one lid on the counter top side down, so it forms a little tray. Load the tray up with the tomatoes (just one layer!). Then place the other lid over the tomatoes, top side up. Press gently on the top lid (just enough to hold everything in place) and run a serrated knife through the tomatoes once, cutting from side to side. Voila’! Halved tomatoes!
Let’s all strip down to our underwear and sit in front of the air conditioner while enjoying our cold lasagna. Hope you enjoy it.
Have a delicious week!