Tomatoes are here! The share is small this week, but it’s just the beginning. More to come!
We’re also getting fresh, crisp green beans this week. They make a wonderful summer side dish. Today’s recipe combines them with lemon and garlic, a tasty, light summer treat.
LEMON GARLIC GREEN BEANS
1 1/2 lbs green beans, cleaned and trimmed
1-2 TBS olive oil (depending on pan size; you’ll basically need enough to cover the pan and coat the green beans)
4 TBS, butter, salted
4 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder (if you really like garlic, add more)
additional salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook green beans for about 3 minutes.
- Drain the beans and put them into the bowl of ice water. Allow them to cool completely. Once they are cool, drain them and eiher use in this recipe right away or cover and refrigerate for up to two days, until you are ready to finish this recipe.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the green beans and butter to the pan, tossing them to coat with oil and butter.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Continue to toss the beans, cooking for about 3 minutes.
- Add more salt and pepper as needed to taste.
Simple and delcious!
HELPFUL HINT: You can really use any seasoning for this dish. I like grated parmesan cheese, whole roasted cloves of garlic, sesame seeds, onions, grated ginger and/or soy sauce.
Enjoy and stay cool, if you can.
Have a delcious week!