Dear CSA Member,
We are finally breaking the brutally hot temperatures! It is beginning to feel like fall. The shares will start to feel heavier as the hearty crops of fall will fill the shares.
We are continuing to harvest as well as prepare the fields for winter. Cover crop seeds have been planted (rye and oats) and are growing beautifully. The seeds have to be planted and then rolled over again to make sure the seeds are covered completely by the soil. Planting the cover crops takes time but has to be done to protect the ground from snow and frost.
New this week is Butternut Winter Squash. Our favorite way to cook it here on the farm is baked with maple syrup! Directions below.
- Cut the Butternut Squash is half and clean out the middle. (scoop out the pulp with a spoon)
- Lay in a 1in. baking dish and add 1/2 tsp. butter to each half butternut squash
- Pour 1 tbl. of maple syrup in each half of butternut squash.
- Cover butternut squash with tin foil and bake for 40 min.
- Let cool for 10min. and Enjoy!
Enjoy The Harvest!
Candice For Everyone at Stoneledge Farm